Create an Email Flow
What is an Email flow?
Before any email gets offered to an agent it's routed through an email flow, just like incoming chats are routed through a chat flow and calls are routed through a call flow.
Before we can get started on creating an email flow, if you haven't done so already you can create a new email address by following the steps within this article.
Now we're ready to build the flow. To set up your email flow, you'll want to select Settings > Email > Edit Flow next to the email address that you wish to edit the flow for.
You’ll be presented with a bunch of actions which you can use within your flow.
Lets run through what each action means:
- Select which queue the email conversations should be delivered to
- This is used to change what should happen to an email conversation based on what is being said in the email
- The rule can be whether the email contains or does not contain specific key words or phrases.
- This will end or close the conversation based on the actions selected in your email flow.
- The tag action will automatically tag any email that comes into that specific email flow with the tags that you select.
- Set your opening hours and choose what happens to emails when you are either open or closed.
- When an email comes into the selected address and reply is included in the flow, an email is automatically sent back to the requester based on the template that is selected. Auto-reply templates can be created under Settings > Templates.
- Select the type of rule that you wish to apply to the content. This can be whether the email contains or does not contain specific words or phrases, whether it is or is not a certain phrase or address, or whether it starts with or ends with something specific.
When you start building your email flow, you’ll notice that a default flow will be automatically created:
The above email flow simply assigns any request submitted to the central perk coffee address to the Customer Service - Email queue. This is a great flow already as it but you can always add additional actions to make the customers journey that much better. To add a new condition you’ll first need to remove the queue action by selecting the node, and deleting it by clicking the trash can icon on the right side of the page. Once the blue arrow appears, you’re ready to add some actions.
Making changes to your email flow is really simple:
By using the snippet tool, it's a lot easier to be able to edit and change the existing set up. From here you can also mass move and delete nodes too!
By highlighting one of the nodes you can get a clearer idea of each path.
Heres an example of how you can set up your email flow:
This email flow is checking to see if the requests has been created within opening hours. If you're open, the customer would receive an automated message, that requests will also be tagged with Order and land in the Customer service email queue. If you're closed, the customer will receive another automated response letting them know that they've contacted you out of hours, the request will then land in the Customer service email queue to be offered during opening hours.