Preferred Agents & Personal Offers
Building closer relationships with customers is easier if your customer does not deal with a new agent at every new turn of a conversation. Your customers should talk to a familiar agent - as much as possible. So we want to help you by giving you more control over which agent is offered a conversation. We help you to establish which agent customers recently talked to the most and which they talked to last, so you can optimise your routing.
- Preferred Agent - Route new conversations to the agent that the customer has most talked to recently.
- Personal Offers - Offer new email replies on ongoing email conversations to the agent who wrote the last reply. Also offer follow-up conversations to the agent who marked it as follow-up.
- Set the limits - If the agent is not available to take the conversation, set a timeout to specify when it will be offered to everyone in the queue.
You have two settings on all your queues accessible by going to Settings > Queues > Edit. Here you can enable and control Preferred Agent settings for new conversations separately from Personal Offers on ongoing conversations. If you are new to Dixa, you can read more about adding queues here.
Once you've enabled it, please make sure to inform your agent of the changes.
Preferred Agent gives you the option to route all new conversations to the agent that the customer has talked to the most recently. That agent is probably in the best position to build a lasting relationship 👨❤️👨
- The "Preferred Agent" algorithm will check which agent has spend the most time helping the customer recently and route the new conversation to that agent 🙋♀️
- Work smarter: If you have an agent who had 10 hours of contact time with a customer a year ago and another agent who had 2 hours of contact time with the same customer last week, the second agent will get offered the new conversation, as she is more likely to have a current relationship with the customer 👩❤️👩
- Specify for how long a conversation should be offered to the Preferred Agent, before it will be offered to all agents in the queue 🤷♂️ → 👨👨👧👧
- Offline agents are excluded from the Preferred Agent feature. This means that if the preferred agent is offline, the conversation will not wait but instead be offered to the whole queue immediately.
Agents will get notified why they are offered a specific conversation, so they know how to react to the customer. If the conversation is offered because the agent is the Preferred Agent, it will say "Reason: You had a conversation before".
Gives you the option to route email conversations with new messages to the agent that wrote the last response and route follow-ups that expire to the agent that marked it as follow-up. 🤝
- Offer new email replies on ongoing email conversations to the agent who wrote the last reply 🙋♂️
- Offer expired follow-up conversations to the agent that marked it as follow-up 🤝
- Specify for how long a conversation should be offered as a personal offer, before it will be offered to all agents in the queue 🤷♂️ → 👨👨👧👧
Agents will get notified why they are offered a specific conversation, so they know how to react to the customer. If the conversation is offered because of a personal offer it will either say "Reason: Last reply by you" or "Reason: Marked as follow-up by you".
- Offline agents are excluded from the Personal offers feature. This means that if the agent is offline, the conversation will not wait but instead be offered to the whole queue immediately.
Before you start
Please be aware that enabling any of these settings can have consequences for the workload of some of your agents. Therefore we recommend that you start to slowly experiment with it and explore different settings for how long a conversation should be offered exclusively to a certain agent. Besides workload this can also mean that wait time might increase for your customers, so think about how long a customer can wait to get the benefit of talking to an agent that they already know. The conversation will wait for the right agent if the agent is set to away (but not offline).