Call recording is an action in call flows. It enables you to record all calls that are routed through the Call Record action. Once recorded, calls can be played back to agents and admins via the conversation view (just find the conversation you'd like to listen to and click it).
Please note that you can't record outbound calls.
How to set up call recording:
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Phone.
- Click on Edit Flow next to the call flow you'd like to activate call recording for.
- Remove one or more actions in the flow to the point where you'd like call recording to start.
- Click Add Action.
- Select CALL RECORD to add it as an action.
- Confirm that you accept the disclaimer saying you are responsible for adhering to local law regarding call recording in the countries where you operate.
- You have the option to add an announcement that will be played to customers before the call recording is started. It's required by law in most countries to notify people of this.
- Once done, Save the call flow.
- All conversations being routed through the CALL RECORD action will now be recorded, and the recordings will be available for all agents and admins in the conversation view.
- Outbound call recording has to be activated under Settings > Phone. Please see this guide.
Add a Call Record action in the call flow.
Add an announcement (optional).
Conversation is being recorded.
Once the call has ended, if call recording is enabled, the recording can be found when you click on the conversation. Click on the play button under call record and the call will play back.
Conversation with recording.